Okay people, this is the most delicious healthy recipe I've ever made, EVER! These are Jamie Eason's lemon protein bars and they're incredibly easy to make, no joke here. Even my husband, who is very picky about the kind of cake he eats (he'll only eat moist, rich cakes), was scarfing these babies down. (They're kind of soft like cake, and not hard like your typical store-bought protein bar).
This recipe is a healthy treat to help you maintain your fit lifestyle on a regular basis without blowing your diet or healthy eating. We all need treats, and it's best when we can eat something that healthy and delicous too! So limit yourself to one a day, and share them with your friends and family, don't scarf them all down by yourself!!
What you'll need:
1 cup oat flour
2 scoops vanilla whey protein
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 qt mix Crystal Light (preferably without aspartame)
4 egg whites
1/2 cup Splenda, Truvia, or Ideal
8 oz baby food applesauce
4 oz water OR 4oz greek yogurt (use either one or the other, not both. It's for the moisture)
What to do:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix the oat flour, vanilla whey protein, baking soda, salt, and crystal light in a large bowl.
These are your dry ingredients.
3. In a separate bowl, mix your egg whites, Splenda, applesauce and water or greek yogurt.
These are your wet ingredients.
4. Now combine the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients in one bowl and mix them together.
5. Spray an 8x8 glass pyrex dish with non-stick spray.
6. Pour your batter into the dish.
7. Bake for 25 mins and voila!!
This makes 16 squares. 1 square per serving
(Next time I'm going to add an extra scoop of protein powder for added protein! I think Jamie's recipe had 9g of protein per serving. She was obviously using a different brand of protein powder.)
Here's a little cooking video I made so you guys can see the process and how they tasted!! Enjoy!!!