Happy Wednesday everyone! I made this video to give you an idea of what I've been eating this week to help you get started on meal ideas if you're trying to eat healthy but are fresh out of ideas. Keep in mind that I switch it up about every two weeks, so this is just my routine that's been going on for this particular week. These aren't ALL my meal ideas, just some! Below is a snippet of what I explained in the video:
First you might want to buy a small food scale at Walmart, they're not expensive only about $12 or so. If you're hard core into counting your calories you can also visit CalorieKing.com it's the best website for looking up foods nutrition facts.
My first word of advice is drink milk!! Especially skim milk if you want to stay heart healthy. I drink a cup with every meal. Since milk is high in vitamin D & calcium it protects against osteoporosis!
- Oatmeal with milk, cinnamon, walnuts, apples, or raisins. You choose what you'd like to include or exclude, but I would definitely add cinnamon.
- boiled eggs
- Kashi whole grain blueberry waffles with honey or brown syrup
- open faced turkey sandwich. You can include light mayo, tomatoe and a green of your choice.
- fruit like an apple
- greek yogurt. I choose the Fage brand, they're my favorite.
- beets - preheat oven to 425, chop up the beets, put them on foil paper, add choriander, pepper & rosemary. If that's too complicated for you just add salt and pepper! Cook for 20 mins or so.
- turkey muffins - click here for the full recipe They're easy to make and they last you all week!
One of my favorite post workout snacks is 1 slice of bread with peanutbutter, 1/2 a banana and a cup of milk!